Saturday, March 7, 2009

An open letter to Ron Paul supporters:



First and foremost, let me state that I am one of you. I heard of Ron Paul for the first time in my life in May-June of 2007, and by October of 2007 I dropped my entire life to go out canvassing as a pure volunteer in three states. I have hated and despised politics my entire life, and today on account of Dr Paul having cured my apathy, I am running for high GOP office, with a long range plan taking me to the NC State assembly, and US Congress by around 2020.

I witnessed first-hand the media smear and blackout campaign against Ron Paul. I cannot begin to describe the outright rage and anger I felt over that, nor am I likely to trust ANYBODY in the media for the next decade.

However, I am not writing to tell you how awesome all of you are.

Time and again, I am watching the media and I am seeing our ideas gaining ground in the marketplace of ideas. Glenn Beck is pushing the Second Amendment as a hedge against government tyranny, and bringing guests on his show who recommend arming ourselves against the coming conflagration. Rush Limbaugh went to CPAC with a decent speech about individual liberty. "End The Fed" is becoming forefront on the Republican agenda like it hasn't in nearly 100 years.

No, I haven't forgotten how Glenn Beck called us terrorists. No, I haven't forgotten that Rush Limbaugh endorsed Mitt "Universal Healthcare" Romney. No, I haven't forgotten that those same Republicans now throwing tea parties and chanting "End The Fed!" are the same Republicans who tried to muscle us out of the process in 2008. I haven't forgotten ANY of these things.

But how stupid do we have to be to reject REAL PROGRESS on our agenda?

Time and time again, we Ron Paulers who are working our tails off and our fingers to the bone to make a real difference in America today, get derision from the allegedly 'intellectually pure Paulers' who hate us because we are happy that our ideas are finally gaining ground in the marketplace of ideas.

Are the media and the Republicans suddenly coming around because the GOP was humiliated in 2008? Probably, but why is that a bad thing? Are they merely being opportunistic? Probably, but opportunistic or not, OUR MESSAGE IS BEING HEARD!

Sure, you can say "too little, too late" and I'll agree with you. Wholeheartedly and without reservation. But our efforts to restore the Republic did not end with the 2008 campaign! We ALL wanted the effort to continue into 2009, 2012, and 2016; and now that we are actually reaping victories and successes throughout America, there remains so many of us who want to REJECT those victories because they don't like those people who are (slowly!) coming around to our side.

We didn't get to this place all at once, we got here by incrementalism. We won't restore the Republic all at once either, we will get there the same way we got here - by incrementalism. Sorry, it's just the nature of the beast.

So get off your rear ends, stop complaining that we may be succeeding but you don't personally like the people who are spreading our message to millions of Americans, and GET ACTIVE in pushing our movement and our agenda forward!

If you didn't want us to succeed, then why did you support Ron Paul in the first place?

No, this does not mean that I trust the media. I am not likely to trust ANYBODY in the media any time soon. But for goodness sakes, hearing OUR MESSAGE being delivered be the mainstream media, seeing scores of bloggers and Republicans who taunted us throughout 2007 and 2008 suddenly reversing course, in tears, saying they should have listened to Ron Paul in the first place, this is the sound of encroaching VICTORY people!

No wonder our political views have historically failed to gain ground and acceptance. Whenever someone in a position to help us starts to turn our way; you reject them even more heavily than you did when they opposed us!

Get a grip! Help us continue the fight, or get out of the way. Sitting on the sidelines criticizing every victory is the surest path to defeat.

If you are one of those Ron Paul supporters who do nothing but criticize our every inch of ground gained, (you know who you are!) then do Ron Paul and our nation a favor, and go away. If, on the other hand, you want to help us achieve our victories inch by bloody inch, then we need your help now more than ever before.

Thank you, sincerely.

Glen Bradley

4 comments:

  1. OK, Glen, put up or shut up, are you truly for liberty or are you for censorship?

    Have the cojones to post my comments.

    Why would you bash public education when you are a product of the public school system?

    How can you be for free speech and liberty when you won't publish posts that criticize you?

    Let's go, prove that you aren't another phony politician.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, the censorship I'm referring to is found on your "Campaign for Liberty" blog.

    Let's see how long these comments last here. I'm watching you, redneck.

    I'm waiting for the explanation about public education.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You want to talk about sitting on the sidelines and ensuring defeat?

    Where were people like you who when John McCain needed your vote last November?

    You ensured that Barry O. got into the White House.

    You are all traitors and I despise all of you. Winning is all that matters, not principles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am for personal sovereignty. If that means blocking hate speech from a blog that I control, so be it. There is no higher liberty than personal sovereignty and actual ownership of property.

    Sites such as the Campaign For Liberty are designed to distribute information and resources to the activist community towards the accomplishment of a specific goal: Restoring the Constitutional Order.

    If someone enters into that realm and works disruption in an area I am in charge of, I will moderate appropriately.

    It is CONGRESS, sir, who are bound by oath to make no law respecting the Freedom of Speech.

    Personal sovereignty is the essence of the Constitutional Republic. We got from there to here peacefully, and we are capable of getting back there peacefully, from whence we can return to building individual and national prosperity.

    "Mr Black, I paid for this microphone!" As President Ronald Reagan would say. You don't like it? Tough. I am a sovereign citizen of the United States. You cannot abridge me. THAT IS THE LAW.

    You have a beef with the Campaign For Liberty? Then build your own blog and rail against with as much passion fruit and vinegar you got.

    But don't expect me not to moderate off topic pedantia designed to disrupt activist Constitutionalists to work our communities.

    By the way, shalom aleichem David!
    baruch atah b'shem Adonois. Dabar h'amet b'chakmah b'ruach Elohim. Baruch h'Shem Ysrail!

    ReplyDelete

/* ----- Google wave integration embed code ------ */ /* ----- Google wave integration embed code ------ */